Thursday, March 17, 2011

Victory Storm King Imperial Stout

Why I tried this: I was at World of Beer UCF and felt like I needed a stout. Kyle recommended this to me, and although I have so far been wary of Victory, I trusted him. This could be a dangerous game to play...

Smell: Roasted malts and coffee. Lots of it. Just barely below the threshold I'd consider overpowering. I was fairly impressed.

Taste: Just as it smelled, strong roasted malts and coffee tones came through sip by sip. The beer was strong at 9%, but not strong enough that you could taste the alcohol. It was enough to let the strong flavors come through. Really good.


It looks like listening to Kyle paid off yet again. This was the first good beer I've had from Victory...lol. It was a fairly strong imperial stout at 9% alcohol, but it hid the alcohol well, and had a wonderful mixture of strong roasted malt and coffee flavors. The smell was nice and as a stout should be. The pour was thick and practically black, leaving a nice light brown head. Overall, I'd definitely get this one again.

--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment