Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rogue Chocolate Stout

Thought I had a pic but I do not.  I
guess thats the only problem with
reviewing alcohol, sometimes you forget.
Why I tried this: Some dude online told Jeff that if you like the Shakespeare Oatmeal Rogue you will love the Rogue Chocolate Stout even more.  I also love stouts, realistically thats the only reason I need.  Also, look how happy that lady is.

Smell: roasted chocolate, while being the only scent I didnt think it was particularly strong.

Taste: Yummy.  This beer is really really good.  The chocolate flavor is more of a cocoa flavor and not as sweet as with most chocolatey beers.  Very subtle coffee flavor but somewhat noticeable.  For the most part all you will taste with this beer is the strong roasted chocolate flavor.  It actually tastes a lot like the bakers chocolate that says semi-sweet or whatever on the container.





We have been reviewing nothing but good beers lately but I guess thats not a bad thing. Anyway, this beer receives an empty glass for sure.  The bottle I purchased came in a 22oz bottle and I have already purchased it two times at World of Beer UCF instead of trying something new.  The flavor is a bit simple since its a roasted chocolate stout and thats exactly what you get but its so smooth and enjoyable I dont mind at all.  I always steal a sip of this when a friend has it and they get up and go to the bathroom, haha.




--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment