Monday, March 21, 2011

Old Stock Cellar Reserve 2009

On another World of Beer outing Jeff and I bumped into one of our really good customers, his name is Bill. I think Bill was the person that initially told me what a World of Beer was and that one was opening up down the road from us.  While Jeff and I finished a Beer he went over to the bar and told us he was going to send us something amazing, a few minutes later and this bottle was staring at Jeff and I.
Bill, Jeff,  Jon
Since Jeff and I didnt really purchase this bottle Im going to do an informal and quick review.  This beer was incredible, there is really no downside to it at all.  The only possible downside of this beer is that it will set you back $40 per bottle at the bar.  This beer is Aged in bourbon barrels for I think a few years we were told.  

You can smell the Bourbon from your glass but when you sip it, its a strong beer but its delicious.  At 13.16% you can obviously taste the alcohol but surprisingly its much smoother then you would think.   The flavor will remind you of raisins, brown sugar, caramel and bourbon.  I hate bourbon and raisins but this beers blend made it very enjoyable and it is quickly followed up by quite a buzz.

I would give this beer an empty glass and order it again, but it would have to be a special occasion.  

Jons glass, epic bottle, Jeffs glass

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment