Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sea Dog Bluepaw Wheat Ale

Why I tried this: I was sitting at World of Beer UCF with my wife Kristy, and my friend Derek. I had been on a stout and porter binge for the longest time, so I really wanted to break the mold and go for something a bit lighter, a bit more refreshing. Kyle recommended a wheat beer, so I went with Sea Dog Bluepaw on draft.

Smell: Notes of wheat and blueberry are definitely noticeable. The smell is light, but pleasing.

Taste: Outstanding. This is a very clean, crisp, refreshing wheat beer. Golden wheat, malts, and a mix of blueberry play with your palette in a very fun way. It's simple, yet effective. On top of that, when you're finished, you get to eat the blueberries that are floating around in there. Yum.




When this beer came to me, I kind of freaked out when I noticed huge objects floating in my beer. Turns out they were whole Publix blueberries. Guess I should have read the description more carefully. Sea Dog is a brewery from up in Maine, and I really found their Bluepaw Wheat Ale to be excellent. It was a clean, refreshing wheat beer brewed with blueberries that had a great taste that didn't overwhelm. All in all, just a very pleasant beer to drink, so I award this an empty glass. I'd get it again, and again, for sure.

--Jeff

1 comment:

  1. i consider this beer a breakfast beer it reminded me of a blueberry muffin (only in liquid form) this is quite literally the beer to start your day off with

    ReplyDelete