Thursday, March 10, 2011

Stone Ruination IPA


Why I tried this: This is another brew off of my IPA bender, and Stone is a brewing company that I've enjoyed other brews from. They always seem to make their beer with a little "like it, or fuck off" attitude, which was enough to engender me to their style.

Smell:This has a super piney hop smell, almost like sticking your nose into a bucket of raw hop flowers. While it's not a super pungent smell, it definitely lets you know what's coming up.

Taste: Ouch. This thing is like taking a sucker punch to the gums from the amount of hop flavor there is. I can almost feel the enamel in my teeth beginning to rot a way a little as I sip on this bastard of a brew. The strangest bit is actually the mouth feel though. It's a nice smooth feel, but the after taste almost punishes you for even daring to drink it.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 6. This is just a personal preferences sort of thing. I found Stone Arrogant Bastard to be an interesting drink, and the Ruination definitely follows suit for that in your face attitude. If you're into a more hoppy bitter beer, then I definitely recommend it, but if you're more of a fruity Mike's Lemonade swill drinker then stay away. Your kind aren't wanted or welcome with this group.

--Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment