Friday, March 18, 2011

Rogue Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout

look at this angled picture Jeff took of me.  Jeff is such an
artist
Why I tried this: I was sitting at 99 beers and wanted to try something awesome for my 100th beer. I really wanted to find a good stout at World of Beer UCF that I had not had yet.  While browsing through the stouts I came across this 22oz mammoth and decided it could be a fitting 100th beer.

Smell: The smell of this beer was lighter than I thought it would be.  There was a slight chocolaty scent but its aroma was very mild.

Taste: This beer was pretty enjoyable overall.  There is a roasted malt flavor that stands out pretty strong in the flavor.  The beers flavor was simple but it was very pleasant and smooth.  The chocolaty flavor and oat flavor is most of what I could pick up on in addition to the roasted flavor.  This beer was an easy drink and went pretty quickly (all 22oz of it).


I gave this beer a rating of 3/4 completed because it had a smooth well rounded good flavor.  Its flavor was a bit simple but it overall worked out really well for this stout.  It was a delicious beer and I would definitely get it again however it wouldn't break into my "favorites" category.

(the emptier the glass the more we enjoyed it)




--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment