Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Brooklyner Weisse

Why I tried this: I've really been in the mood for hefeweisens lately, and this was the only one on draft that I hadn't tried yet. Our waitress Panda said it was good, so I went with it.

Smell: Wheat and spice, perhaps clove. Also had a hint of citrus smell to it.

Taste: Pure, unfiltered wheat with a citrus bite. Very good, very drinkable and refreshing.

Brooklyner Weisse was a pretty good hefeweisen. Brewed in New York, this 5% ABV Bavarian wheat beer had quite a few things going for it. It was drinkable and refreshing, making it an excellent beer to drink during spring or summer. It had a pleasant, spicy and fruity smell. And, it had fairly good flavor. I've had better Hefeweisens, but this did not disappoint, and so I award it with the almost empty beer glass rating. I'd probably get this again if it were still on draft.


--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment