Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Lost Coast Downtown Brown


Why I tried this: I was on a brown ale binge the day I tried the Downtown Brown. After having the Shipyard Brewer's Brown Ale and being disappointed, I wanted to leave on a high note, so I asked the bartenders at World of Beer UCF for a recommendation. This is what I received.

Smell: Good and malty, just the way a brown ale should be.

Taste: I took my first sip and got a mouthful of nice, dark malts. Behind the maltiness was a bit of nuttiness, which complemented the flavor fairly well. The only down side I can say about the taste was that it was perhaps too simple.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 7. With a malty smell accompanied by a dark, malty, nutty taste, this brown ale was good but somewhat pedestrian. It was fairly light and drinkable, which isn't necessarily a bad thing for a beer of this type. Brewed in California, this 5.0% ABV beer is probably about on par with Newcastle. I may or may not get it again.

--Jeff

I dont really like brown ales that much but this one was OK. 7/10

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment