Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lion Stout

Why I tried this: Continuing my love for these craft beers in cans I came across Lion Stout.  I had been wanting to try Lion beers for a while and finally decided today was the day.  Additionally, the brand is called Lion what more reason would I need anyway?

Smell: Smelt very much so like a stout does.  I sensed some chocolate and coffee scents with a hint of a toffee like smell.

Taste: This beer has a very typical flavor that for me changed into something more unique on the back end which I liked a lot.  The beginning of your sip is malty and fairly strong and you pickup on the chocolate and coffee malt flavors.  After a second or two the toffee flavor reveals itself more so and there is a bit of a more roasted/smokey flavor.



Jons Rating (see about ratings page)

I enjoyed this beer very much.  It tasted great and I enjoyed it from start to finish.  It isn't one of my favorites but I would order it again if I was out somewhere.  1/4 glass left for this beer.

(closer to empty means we enjoyed this beer more and therefore would drink more of it)





--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment