Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hitachino Nest White Ale.


Why I tried this: So very recently I got "burnt out" on my staple of wheat and belgian style beers that I tend to drink. I was needing something new, and something outside so I went on a short bender of strange and foreign beers. This was the first of many new and strange beers I'll be reviewing.

Smell: Very "citrus-y" with a light effervescent quality to it. Notes of wheat, orange, and lemon of all things. Not to bad.

Taste: I could definitely taste the lemon in this playing off the wheat which was a bit strange for me. The mouth feel was similar to a Sprite with the fine carbonation and left the palate a bit dry on the finish. It wraps up with a tart little bite, not so much a "lip pucker" tart as a nice pleasant tart pastry.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give this a 7.5. So this is a solid beer for sure, and was a nice little mix up to what I normally drink. A safe and comfortable foray into new styles. This beer was easily drinkable, and more like a sort of dessert than anything else.

--Scott

P.S. The beer glasses are stupid. Not doin it.

No comments:

Post a Comment