Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Old Slug Porter

Why I tried this: It was another night of going down the list for me. The evening was nice, and I wanted a porter. I had just finished up with Old Engine Oil, and wanted to keep the good porter times rolling. Old Slug was next on the list. Kyle said it was good. Sure, why not?

Smell: Had a strong coffee and chocolate scent. Seems like this porter was heading in the right direction.

Taste: Moderately malty, with a good amount of roast. The chocolate and coffee notes definitely come out here, making a very pleasant mix. There was an ever so slight sweetness to it, that I could not determine. This is supposed to be black cherry. Quite impressive.


Overall, this was a really good beer. It poured a near black, with good light brown head that trailed the glass as you drink it. This 4.5% ABV porter was brewed by RCH Brewery, and I think it was a solid effort. It has a good porter smell and very enjoyable taste. It gets an empty glass award from me.


--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment