Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Red Brick #'s Ale


Why I tried this: No idea. Was going for random that day! An ESB wasn't exactly on the top of my lists, but what the hell, right?

Smell: It had a very light smell of various hops. There was a definite bitterness to it, but nothing overpowering. Pretty typical for an ESB.

Taste: The flavor was actually better than I expected. You get a moderate mouth full of hops, with a slight malt and bitter to balance things out. The beer is light, smooth, and fairly easy to drink. Combined with the balance of flavor, it was fairly enjoyable.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give this beer a 7. I don't think I'd personally get it again, but it was a quality ESB from Red Brick. The smell was ordinary, but the taste was above average, making this beer a solid choice if you're an ESB fan. I'd recommend it if you'd like to try something different, but otherwise probably wouldn't bother with it unless someone bought you one.

--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment