Monday, March 7, 2011

Dale's Pale Ale

Why I tried this: One of the bartenders let me try it one day but I didn't really remember what it tasted like.  I thought it was interesting it came in a can and I was in a pale ale mood so I decided to give it another go.

Smell: Aside from the scent of can I also picked up a hoppy citrusy scent pouring out of the opening of the can.

Taste: It was interesting drinking something that wasn't Coors Light or Bud Light out of a can.  The first sip kind of blew me away because of what you expect beer in a can like this to taste like.  There was a hoppy flavor with a little citrus and I couldn't really detect a good standout malt flavor.  The hop flavor wasn't really overpowering at all this beer had a good taste but was relatively mellow.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this beer a 6.5.  It was pretty good and amusing that it comes in a can and while it is refreshing thats about where the wow factor ends.  I might drink this beer again but none of the flavors really stuck out in this beer as much as I would want.  I'm all for a well rounded refreshing beer but I like something with a bit more flavor than this.

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment