Friday, February 11, 2011

Xingu Black Beer


Why I tried this: Ive actually had this one a few times before and enjoyed it. When World of Beer had it it was a delightful surprise. Figured I might as well knock this one out of the way, plus it was a Tuesday and bottles were $1 off.

Smell: Xingu has a sweet, malty, possibly fruity scent. Has a nice mellow scent, if I could get a candle like this that would be fantastic.

Taste: To me this has always tasted like a beer and wine hybrid of some kind. Im not sure how off I am with that but it has a more subtle fruity flavor of cherries or berries. The fruit flavor is blended very nice with a subtle malty chocolate flavor. The flavors work together great and give this beer a very original flavor.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this beer an 8. It tastes great but as with Left Hand Nitro Milk Stout I couldn't drink it all day. Two or three of these would be my evening limit.(This beer tastes nothing like LH Nitro Milk Stout, I just view it as more of a dessert then pounding at the bar beer)

--Jon

This beer is incredible. So dark and tasty. I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment