Thursday, February 17, 2011

Chimay Tripel

Why I tried this: I have had Chimay, all three types, in the bottle before and thought it was pretty good.  My friend Jason recommended it to me after he went to Vegas with his brother and dad.  I don't really see this stuff around very much so I don't get to drink it very often.  When I saw this stuff was on tap at World of Beer I definitely had to see what it tasted like on tap.

Smell: grainy bready yeast scent.  I didn't really detect any fruit scents as Ive seen around online, guess that's why I'm not a beer pro.

Taste: At first you get a yeasty, grainy, bready taste that is smooth and enjoyable.  It fades into a more hoppy grainy finish just before the slight alcohol finish.  None of the flavors are overpowering, this beer is smooth and enjoyable.  I could drink this beer for a good portion of the night with no problem.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this beer an 8.  It tastes great, the flavors are very well blended and it makes this beer something that I know I will enjoy when I see it anywhere.  

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment