Thursday, February 10, 2011

Full Sail Session Black Lager

Why I tried this: World of Beer always swaps out beers that have been hanging around for new ones.  Whenever a beer is being cycled out its put in a special place at the bottom of the draft menu called "Last Call Bottles".  Beers on this list are generally discounted pretty well and who doesn't like to save a few bucks?  To be completely honest Last Call Bottles is the first place I check when I sit down.  Additionally, this is probably the last time you will get to enjoy this beer from WoB for a while.

Smell: Very subtle creamy, coffee, cocoa scent.

Taste:  I thought this was a very tasty well rounded beer.  It was very smooth going down and all of the cocoa, caramel and other flavors are very subtle.  The first thing I thought about was Sam Adams Black Lager but this is much smoother, not nearly as crisp in my opinion.  This beer was very easy to drink and very enjoyable.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this an 8.  This is a beer I could drink and probably enjoy all night.  I would absolutely recommend this beer to people, but I wouldn't say its in my top group of favorite beers. 

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment