Friday, February 11, 2011

Inlet Monk in the Trunk

Why I tried this: Before having this beer I was not really to into Belgian style beers.  I explained that to some random dudes at World of Beer I was talking to and I left them completely speechless.  After that long awkward pause I decided to give it another shot.  I decided to try this beer cause the name seemed hilarious and I figured it would be good to give Belgian style beer another shot.  If you have any recommendations for another Belgian style beer please add it as a comment.

Smell: I got a little hop scent, with a slight citrusy smell

Taste: I thought this beer tasted great and had a tasty hop and yeast flavor with some subtle citrus flavoring.  Im not sure how to describe the background flavor I usually taste in Belgian style beer like this but it was there and more subtle then in some of the others.  Overall I enjoyed this beer and would drink it again.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would probably give this beer a 7.5.  There are a lot of beers I enjoy more than this beer but it was good.  If it was at a bar with a selection of 15 beers I would probably for sure get at least one of these.

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment