Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grimbergen Blonde

Why I tried this:  Our boss always talks about how Grimbergen makes his favorite beer, I had never had any of these so I figured I would give it a shot.  Im not sure which Grimbergen is his favorite but this was first on the list at World of Beer so it was a great place to start.

Smell: Subtle bread scent with sweet malty overtones.  Had a great scent.

Taste: Up front this beer had a soft taste but it quickly turns into a very strong sweet malty flavor.  The Belgian yeast, malt and hop flavors over took any notable citrus notes for me, it still made this beer very enjoyable.  It was very well rounded for the higher alcohol content and I did not detect much of an alcohol finish at all.  All of the flavors of this beer really worked together great.  The only downside of this beer was the great flavor you have in your mouth after sipping fades off quickly and leaves nothing.  This beer finishes very clean, too clean.

On a scale from 1 to 10 I would give this an 8.5.  Very enjoyable beer that I will for sure be drinking again and again.  Its not very common around us here but I will more than likely be picking this up when I see it.

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment