Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Tilburg's Dutch Brown Ale

Why I tried this: A customer at work had recommended this to me a while back. After picking up a pack of it, I was pretty pleased. When I saw it on the World of Beer list, I decided Jon and I needed a round. Look at how thankful he was for that!

Smell: Has the aroma of your typical brown ale, with roasted malts and a bit of toffee for a slight sweetness. Quite nice.

Taste: Has a malty and slightly sweet characteristic to it, which I think might be a bit of brown sugar and toffee. It's similar to a Newcastle, but with a sweetness and smoothness that is unmatched by other brown ales. There's no foul aftertaste or anything out of place here, just pure goodness.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give this an 8.5. The smell of the beer is fairly typical, but the taste is very good, especially for a brown ale. The price isn't that bad either. The beer is visually pleasing, pouring a nice thick brown with a solid white head. It's easy to drink and stands out enough that I'd definitely get it again, and highly recommend it!

--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment