Monday, February 14, 2011

Wittekerke

Why I tried this: Any of you who have been following along know typically Belgian beers were not my thing, at least I thought.  After enjoying Inlet Monk in the Trunk I have been trying as many as possible.  This beer was on tap at WoB and $1 off so I decided to go for it.

Smell: To be honest I didn't really smell much from the beer.  The bartender tossed an orange on top so thats about most of what I smelt.  No big deal the orange ended up being a nice addition, but this beer doesn't really have much of a scent at all.

Taste: Honestly, I was very disappointed.  Its not that this beer tasted bad, it just did not have much of a flavor at all.  If it was not for the orange in this, I cant imagine how much less flavor this beer would have.  It tasted watered down with no crisp flavor at all.  On the plus side I would probably recommend this to a friend that does not really like beer yet since it is so mild.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this beer a 5.  It was not bad but, I really like beer and most of its flavors.  To drop $5 on something that tastes like water is pretty depressing.  It was not awful or foul, but I love the many flavors of beer.  The next time I go out with someone that doesn't like beer though, I will for sure send one of these their way.

--Jon

1 comment:

  1. I like Wittekerke a lot, but I've never had it on draft. I remember it being kind of a creamy, delicious beer. Maybe it was too early in my beer enthusiasm and my memory is failing me, but I remember really enjoying. Most wheat beers are so incredibly fruity, but I remember this one as a nice change from the blue moons and shock tops being pawned off as "belgian beer."

    ReplyDelete