Monday, February 28, 2011

Boddington's Pub Ale

Why I tried this: I love Boddington's. Especially when it's on draft. Went to World of Beer UCF and found out today was my lucky day!

Smell: Smells a bit yeasty. Other than that, it really doesn't give up that much. Not very exciting if you enjoy a good smell.


Taste: It was a medium bodied, smooth, creamy rush. Boddington's goes down so smooth and just has such a pleasant earthy taste that it's hard not to like. It finishes off slightly bitter, but nothing that detracts from the initial taste.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give Boddington's an 8/10. The beer is just a pleasure to drink. The taste is moderate but enjoyable. The mouth feel and drinkability is where this beer really shines. I'd rate it higher, but the lack of a pleasing smell drags it down a tad. Should be a beer anyone can enjoy, though.

--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment