Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Fuller's London Porter


Jeff lovin the Fullers
Why I tried this: London Porter has long since been a favorite of mine. As far as porters go, this one shines above the rest. I saw it in the beer list at World of Beer, and I haven't had it there yet, so it was a logical choice.

Smell: Smells of earthy roasted malts with coffee overtones. Very nice.

Poor sad empty
glass
Taste: An explosion of earthy, roasted malts hits you as you begin your sip of this beer. This follows by a slight transition into a chocolate and coffee finish, all the while holding that strong roasted malt flavor. It doesn't let up all the way down. Simply delicious.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this a 9. Hands down, this is the best porter I've ever had. It has a full bodied flavor that never gives when it finishes. Heavy, thick, very roasted, and not for the light hearted who would like a moderate tasting or easy drinking lighter beer. The smell is incredible, the taste more so, and the beer just looks damn sexy in a pint glass. You can't go wrong if you're into dark beers.

--Jeff

I thought this porter was delicious with a robust flavor but well rounded. I will for sure be drinking this plenty more 9/10

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment