Monday, February 14, 2011

Victory Hopdevil

Why I tried this: I wanted to get an IPA under my belt, and it was on the draft menu for the week. Why not? It had a catchy name.

Smell: The beer is described as brewed with American hops and German malts. However, I couldn't smell the malts at all. Instead, my nose was overpowered by the smell of hops. It was rather unpleasant, so I didn't pry further.

Taste: Unfortunately, it tasted exactly as it smelled. My taste buds were completely overpowered by hops. I honestly felt like I was drinking grass soup. There were no other notable flavors to speak of. Very unpleasant, unless you're a masochist.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this beer a 3. About the only thing I can say of the beer is that it seemed to be brewed of quality standards. The smell, the flavor, and the overall experience with the beer was just very one dimensional, too strong, and simply poor. There's really not much else to say here. I do not recommend this beer, unless you are the biggest IPA fan in the world.

--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment