Thursday, February 24, 2011

Blue Point Toasted Lager

Why I tried this: After coming across someone talking about Blue Point Brewery on twitter,(twitter.com/beeruken) I decided to message their twitter account.(http://twitter.com/BluePointBrewer) I went to the World of Beer website and saw they carried it so I decided I had to give it a shot.  Hopefully I can meet more and more brewery's like this that can recommend their delicious beer to me.  I thought this was pretty sweet.

Smell: Sweet malty scent with a slight fruity/citrusy scent

Taste: I thought the taste was very well aligned with the scent.  The beer was very well rounded and the flavors worked together great.  The malt flavor and citrus/fruit hop flavor worked together great and gave this beer a smooth easy finish.  I haven't seen this beer anywhere before but if I saw it while out somewhere I would probably get it again for sure.

I would give this beer an 8 out of 10.  This beer has a smooth clean easy finish and all the flavors work together really well.  I will absolutely be trying their other beer that WoB carries the Rastafa Rye the next time I am there. The Toasted Lager has a pretty original flavor that separates it from many lagers available at your typical bar.

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment