Friday, February 11, 2011

Radeberger Pilsner


Why I tried this: While not normally a fan of pilsners, I've long been a fan of Radeberger. However, WoB had just gotten it on tap, so I of course had to revisit this classic.

Smell: The first thing I noticed was a distinct, and strong, hoppy smell. There were also light undertones of various herbs and grains, but it was mostly overpowered by the hops.

Taste: Bitter, crisp, hoppy. The hoppiness is never overpowering, and the crispness of the beer is really what makes it shine. The flavor is consistent and follows all the way down. An excellent beer of its style.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this beer an 8.5. For a pilsner, the taste of this beer is quite good. It's also very easy to drink, and pleasing to the tongue. The crispness is quite incredible, and truly feels like it's refreshing you. It's definitely something I'd recommend to any level beer drinker. Here's an interesting fact: Radeberger is one of the top 10 brewers in all of Germany, and this particular pilsner is imported nationwide.

Glasses up!

--Jeff

I really enjoyed this beer as well. I agree nothing with this beer was overpowering, all flavors worked together great and made this well rounded and delicious. 8/10

--Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment