Monday, April 11, 2011

Sea Dog Apricot Wheat

Why I tried this: It was a 25% off loyalty Tuesday and I was browsing the bottle menu. This was still during my hefeweizen binge, so I was looking for another good beer and came across Sea Dog. I had really enjoyed their Bluepaw and was pretty excited to see another beer by the brewery that I hadn't had yet, so I went for it.

Smell: Not too much here, just a note of apricot and wheat. Simple enough, but pleasing to the nose.

Taste: Incredible. I might actually like this one more than the Bluepaw, although I really wish it were on draft to make that comparison. You get nice wheat notes and a fairly good blast of apricot flavor. It's not overpowering, and it's not too sweet. It's just damned good. The beer is pretty crisp and goes down very easy.


It looks like Sea Dog has another winner on their hands. This is the second beer I've had from them, both hefeweizens, and both have been fantastic. With a light smell, but a great taste, I can easily say this is one of my favorite hefeweizens, and would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good beer. Hope I see it on draft soon. This beer gets an empty glass award.


--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment