Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Anchor Liberty Pale Ale

Why I tried this: I was in the mood for something light, but most importantly I was really just going down my list and trying to knock beers out of the way. I found the Anchor Liberty Pale Ale, and it sounded good, so I gave it a shot.

Smell: Had a floral hop scent that was combined with an unidentified spice. Not bad.

Taste: I got a citrus taste as well as some spice notes that were buried under moderately bitter hops. You could also taste the pale malts a bit. The hops and the bitterness were well balanced, and the beer itself was very crisp, which I enjoyed.




Overall, I'd probably award the Anchor Liberty Pale Ale a quarter full glass. It was a fairly good beer, with its strong points being its balance of flavors and hops, while still providing a crisp drinking experience. It wasn't a great beer that I'd get most of the time I go out, but I'd likely get it every once in a while.

--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment