Tuesday, April 19, 2011

St. Peter's Old Style Porter

Why I tried this: Was talking with someone at the bar at WOB (sorry I forgot your name, I was fairly drunk!) and he recommended me to try anything from St. Peter's brewery. We were discussing it with the bartenders and they suggested I try the Old Style Porter. Sorry for the poor lightning picture, but you get the idea. It's a porter.

Smell: Mostly of roasted malts and a slight bit of coffee. Very pleasant, and better than your average porter.

Taste: The first thing I noticed about this beer while tasting it was how creamy and smooth it was. There was a definite strong roasted malt flavor, combined with coffee, or perhaps even toffee, as there was a slight sweetness to it which was really nice. Highly enjoyable all the way down.



Overall, I'm going to give St. Peter's Old Style Porter an empty pint glass award. This was one damn smooth porter. Normally you get an overpowered roasted malt and coffee flavor from your porters, but not this one. The flavor is strong, but extremely well balanced. I really liked the slight sweetness, which really helped said balance. I'd recommend this beer to anyone that likes a dark beer.



--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment