Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Lost Coast Great White

Why I tried this: I had had the Lost Coast Downtown Brown on tap quite a while back. So, when I saw this brew on tap, I recognized the brewer name, and thought I'd give them another shot. Their brown ale was fairly decent, and I was in the mood for something lighter after my porter binge.

Smell: Had a scent of citrus, but mostly smelled of wheat grains. Moderately pleasant, not very strong.

Taste: This one was interesting. In addition to the usual wheat flavor, I detected a bit of oatmeal as well. To top it off, a note of orange peel hits you as you finish your sip. The flavors were a bit lacking and left me wanting more.



Overall, I wasn't very impressed with this beer. I wasn't sure whether to give it a quarter full or half empty beer award, but I've leaned towards the half full award. It's just too forgettable a beer. The taste just isn't bold enough, and what's in there doesn't really make for that great of a mix. Would likely stick to Lost Coast's Downtown Brown, if anything.

--Jeff

No comments:

Post a Comment